CGT Savings Made Easy
Stay up to date with the latest CGT developments
A Tips & Advice Special Report about...
In a nutshell
This Special Report covers the fundamentals of capital gains tax (CGT) and explains the key changes to the rules. Read how they affect you, plus benefit from valuable advice on how to minimise your CGT bill under the current regime.
In recent years the CGT rules have undergone more changes than those for most other taxes. Small business owners and those with second homes or buy-to-let properties have been singled out for special treatment. This Special Report brings together all the important changes, including:
- The private residence relief rules
- Business asset disposal relief (previously entrepreneurs' relief) and goodwill
- When and how the different tax rates apply
- Anti-avoidance rules for business owners
- How to claim investors’ relief
- The social investment tax relief scheme
This Special Report not only explains what’s changed but includes valuable tax planning tips and advice about the current CGT regime. Plus, you’ll receive an online service including a CGT calculator and documents such as a CGT loss planner.
We've created this Tips & Advice Special Report especially for...
Individuals who buy and sell assets, business owners, second home or buy-to-let property owners that want to:
- Be fully up to date with all the recent changes to capital gains tax
- Cut their CGT bill
Accountants, bookkeepers and tax advisors that want to:
- Provide accurate tax-planning advice under the CGT regime
You'll get the following free extras with this Tips & Advice Special Report...
An online service with ready-to-use documents
- To immediately apply our advice and solutions in practice
- That you can easily adapt to suit your own requirements
In this Tips & Advice Special Report you'll read about...
1. What is capital gains tax?
2. Capital gains tax rates and payments
3. Private residence relief
4. Investors’ relief
5. Business asset disposal relief - previously entrepreneurs’ relief
6. Social investment tax relief
7. Seed enterprise investment scheme
8. Assets owned at March 1982
9. Identifying share sales
10. Capital gains rules for companies
Appendix 1 - Corporate bonds
Appendix 2 - Business asset disposal relief - transfer of shares to spouse
Appendix 3 - HMRC clearances required in relation to a company takeover etc.
12. Documents and tools
Capital gains tax calculator
Capital gains tax loss planner
Election for business asset disposal relief to apply to QCBs
Business asset disposal relief checklist
CGT negligible value claim
Nominating a main residence election
You can choose from the following options...
- The hard copy version
- Keep it on your desk or use it whenever you're offline
- The PDF-version
- Delivered to your inbox
Take a look at your options below.
Special subscribers' offer
Special subscribers' offer
Got a question? Call Customer Services(01233) 653500