Health & Safety Memo 2020-2021
A handy, current and user-friendly online guide to health and safety...
In a nutshell
Health & Safety Memo helps you manage health and safety in a cost-effective and legally secure way. It provides clear and realistic guidance on health and safety law and practice. It's an essential reference tool for health and safety practitioners and non-specialists alike.
Coronavirus has affected almost every aspect of health and safety in the workplace, presenting new and significant challenges for businesses and individuals. This new edition incorporates guidance on how to safely manage this new risk.
Health and Safety Memo deals with all aspects of health and safety:
- General and specific health and safety requirements
- Accident prevention and investigation
- Workplace equipment and machinery
- Specific types of work
- Occupational health
- Consequences of non-compliance
Accessible and easy to navigate, the wealth of information in this Memo will ensure you have every health and safety angle fully covered.
We've created this Memo especially for...
Health and safety managers, health and safety consultants, business owners and company directors that want to:
- Stay up to date with the ever-changing rules and regulations
- Take care of health and safety in an effective yet inexpensive way
This new edition incorporates...
Guidance on how to manage the risks related to coronavirus.
New/expanded topics including:
- Emergency planning
- Gas and electrical safety
- Older workers
- Gender and health and safety
New legal and best practice developments:
- The UK’s exit from the EU
- Fire and building safety
- Respirable crystalline silica
- Food allergen labelling
You'll get the following extras with your Memo subscription...
- Keep you fully up to date with the latest developments
- Deliver important news directly in your mailbox
- Link straight to updated Memo paragraphs
In this Memo you'll read about...
PART ONE - GENERAL REQUIREMENTS
Chapter 1: Legal framework
Chapter 2: Documentation
Chapter 3: Accidents, ill health and first aid
Chapter 4: Monitoring and auditing
Chapter 5: Information, training and competence
Chapter 6: Selecting advisors
Chapter 7: Using contractors
Chapter 8: Vulnerable workers
Chapter 9: Consultation with workers
PART TWO - WORKPLACE AND EQUIPMENT
Chapter 1: Fire safety
Chapter 2: Work environment
Chapter 3: Workplace
Chapter 4: Safety signs and signals
Chapter 5: Personal protective equipment
Chapter 6: Work equipment
Chapter 7: Work at height
Chapter 8: Vehicles
PART THREE - HEALTH IN THE WORKPLACE
Chapter 1: Occupational health
Chapter 2: Hazardous substances
Chapter 3: Flammable and explosive substances
Chapter 4: Control of asbestos
Chapter 5: Legionella management
Chapter 6: Dust control
Chapter 7: Manual handling and ergonomics
PART FOUR - SPECIFIC REQUIREMENTS
Chapter 1: Construction
Chapter 2: Food safety
Chapter 3: Education and events
Chapter 4: The environment
PART FIVE - CONSEQUENCES OF NON-COMPLIANCE
Chapter 1: Investigation and enforcement
Chapter 2: Compensation claims
You can choose from the following subscription options...
- 24/7 access to your Memo online, featuring the full content of the book, available at
- 24/7 access to your Memo via the iMemo app, whether you're online or not, available from the App Store or from Google Play
- Email updates to keep you fully informed on the latest health & safety developments
Take a look at our subscription offer below.
Pro rata subscription
£77.00For a subscription until June 2021
Got a question? Call Customer Services(01233) 653500