Dividends and Profit Extraction: Pay Less Tax
A Tips & Advice Special Report about...
In a nutshell
This Special Report brings you quickly up to speed with the dividend tax rules for 2020/21. It will help you minimise their effect, stay tax efficient and develop an effective overall profit extraction strategy.
Everyone who owns shares in a company was affected by changes that took effect in April 2016. Since then dividends have become more expensive. The coronavirus crisis has hit small businesses especially hard so careful planning is more vital than ever to ensure legitimate tax savings are secured wherever possible.
- The 2020/21 dividend tax rates
- How the dividend zero-rate band works
- Extracting profit from your business tax efficiently
- Detailed examples of the 2020/21 regime in action
- The merits of incorporation
- Making sure you don’t unwittingly fall foul of the anti-avoidance rules
- Long-term tax planning
While you cannot avoid the dividend tax rules, our Special Report explains how to work with them to stay tax efficient whilst considering other profit extraction techniques.
We've created this Tips & Advice Special Report especially for...
Anyone with a share portfolio, company owner managers and owners of unincorporated businesses with an eye on moving to a limited company that want to:
- Stay tax efficient in difficult times
- Develop an effective profit extraction strategy
You'll get the following free extras with this Tips & Advice Special Report...
An online service with ready-to-use documents
- To immediately apply our advice and solutions in practice
- That you can easily adapt to suit your own requirements
In this Tips & Advice Special Report you'll read about...
1. Dividend tax in 2020/21
2. The employment allowance for director shareholders
3. Profit extraction for 2020/21
4. Is incorporation still worthwhile?
5. Anti-avoidance - is it capital or income?
6. Proactive planning
Appendix 1. Total tax and NI payable at different profit levels
Appendix 2. Income Tax (Trading and Other Income) Act PART 4 - TAAR (distributions on a winding up)
Appendix 3. Checklist for paying dividends
Appendix 4. Timing interim and final dividends
Appendix 5. Scottish income tax rates and thresholds 2019/20 and 2020/21
Appendix 6. Relevant earnings: reproduced from HMRC Pensions Tax Manual PTM044100
Distributable profits board minute
Disincorporation relief claim
Director’s loan account record
You can choose from the following options...
- The hard copy version
- Keep it on your desk or use it whenever you're offline
- The PDF-version
- Delivered to your inbox
Take a look at your options below.
New edition coming soon
Our editors are currently finalising a new edition of this publication.
Please contact our Customer Services department for more information and/or to pre-order the new edition now.Click here for our contact details.