Tax Breaks for Unincorporated Businesses
A Tips & Advice Special Report about...
In a nutshell
This Special Report looks at the key events in the life of a business and explains in jargon-free English the steps to take to maximise tax efficiency. It brings together tried and tested strategies with the latest HMRC practice and legislation up to Finance Act 2018. It’s all you need to find valuable tax reliefs at a glance.
Whether you’ve just started your business, have an established trade or are winding down to retirement, the tax system includes special rules for sole traders and partnerships. As a business owner, understanding these is vital to avoid falling foul of HMRC and making the most of the tax breaks available. Our Special Report explains:
- How and when to register your business with HMRC
- Accounting periods and how to change them to your advantage
- Which costs you can and can’t claim tax deductions for
- The “cash basis” and “simplified deductions”
- How VAT works and when to register
- Bringing in or changing business partners
- Getting the best tax result from selling or transferring your business
You’ll find plenty of worked examples to back up our advice as well as a host of practical documents and Excel calculators.
We've created this Tips & Advice Special Report especially for...
Business owners, sole traders or partnerships that want to:
- Have an overview of the available tax reliefs for their business
- Make the most of the available tax breaks
Tax advisors and accountants that want to:
- Advise their clients on this matter in the most effective way
You'll get the following free extras with this Tips & Advice Special Report...
An online service with ready-to-use documents
- To immediately apply our advice and solutions in practice
- That you can easily adapt to suit your own requirements
Table of contents
Before business begins
When trade commences
When the business is running
Tax deductions for business travel
When the business ceases
Appendix A - Capital goods
Appendix B - Capital allowances for integral features
Appendix C - Business accounting and tax basis periods
Appendix D - Doubly taxed profits and overlap relief
You can choose from the following options...
- The hard copy version
- Keep it on your desk or use it whenever you're offline
- The PDF-version
- Delivered to your inbox
Take a look at your options below.
PAPER + ONLINE SERVICE
Special subscribers' offer
£55.00Only if you already have a subscription