MTD for Income Tax and Basis Periods (PDF)
All the tricky issues explained
A PDF Report about...
In a nutshell
This PDF Report considers the changes businesses must make to prepare for the move to digital tax reporting. It analyses what’s required by law, highlights the opportunities, and shows how to take advantage of them. The new edition has been fully updated and covers the latest information on the MTD pilot and how quarterly submissions will be made.
If you’re in business as a sole trader, partnership or landlord, Making Tax Digital for Income Tax Self-Assessment (MTD ITSA) will change the way you report your income to HMRC and how you work out your business profits.
Transition to the new system starts in 2023 and you must be fully ready by April 2024. Our PDF Report, created by MTD experts, explains exactly what the changes are and how you can easily implement them in your business. Written in plain English with real-life examples, it includes all the information you need to ensure you’re properly prepared for MTD ITSA. It explains:
- Who must use MTD ITSA
- The timetable for implementing it
- How to make your business recording systems compatible
- The new quarterly and annual digital reporting requirements
- The basis period transitional rules
- How all these changes will affect your tax bills
The PDF Report is packed with realistic tips and practical examples to help you navigate your way successfully through MTD, without having to run up huge bills with your accountant.
We've created this Tips & Advice Special Report especially for...
Everyone in business as a sole trader, partnership or landlord that wants to:
- Be fully prepared for the move to digital tax reporting
- Know how to implement the changes in their business
- Successfully navigate their way through MTD ITSA
Tax advisors and accountants that want to:
- Be able to advise their clients on the upcoming changes
- Have all the latest advice and information on MTD ITSA to hand
You can choose from the following options...
- The PDF-version
- Delivered to your inbox
New edition coming soon
Our editors are currently finalising a new edition of this publication.
Please contact our Customer Services department for more information and/or to pre-order the new edition now.Click here for our contact details.