Tax and NI Savings for Advisors
A Tips & Advice book about...
In a nutshell
This book provides you with a powerful collection of tax and NI-saving tips that you can implement right off the page. It’s written for advisors like you and includes realistic scenarios so you can relate the content directly to your clients and answer their questions with confidence. This hands-on guide is a must-have to help you proactively save your clients tax and NI.
In plain English, this book covers all the main UK taxes. It shows how to make savings on corporation tax, capital gains tax, inheritance tax, VAT and NI. It’s crammed with useful tips and clearly structured for your ease of use.
- Explains the legislation in simple terms
- Applies the law to realistic scenarios in context
- Covers easy-to-follow steps to implement the planning
- Gives you a series of handy tips with a clear conclusion
- Includes a collection of claims, elections, template letters and sample documents
This practical book is sure to save your clients’ tax and NI and add more value to your work.
We've created this Tips & Advice book especially for...
All advisors that want to:
- Proactively save tax and NI for their clients
- Save time in getting to grips with all the tax and NI rules
You'll get the following free extras with this Tips & Advice book...
An online service with ready-to-use documents
- To immediately apply our advice and solutions in practice
- That you can easily adapt to suit your own requirements
In this Tips & Advice Book you'll read about...
Part 1 - Business taxes
1. How to maximise corporation tax relief for bad debts
2. How to include minor children in your family company tax-efficiently
3. How to make deductions for your fees associated with HMRC enquiries
4. How to avoid s.455 tax on a director’s loan
5. How to ensure efficiency when making termination payments
6. How to use a de-grouping charge to your client’s advantage
7. How to secure capital treatment for a share buyback using a management buyout
8. How to secure protection from the corporate interest restriction rules
9. How to avoid tax charges on a transfer of assets within a group of companies
10. How to make the most of the herd basis election
11. How to use case law to avoid traps when raising finance via the EIS
12. How companies can make tax-efficient investments
13. How to split company ownership to save income tax
14. How to utilise rollover relief with a company
15. How to claim relief for a company’s pre-trading finance costs
16. How to optimise company losses to improve cash flow
Part 2 - CGT
17. How to close down a company tax-efficiently
18. How to avoid losing entrepreneurs’ relief due to dilution of shareholdings
19. How to sell a company to the employees with no tax using an employee ownership trust
20. How to use rollover relief to defer capital gains tax
21. How to maximise SEIS exemption relief when making a carry back claim
22. How to use warranties to maximise entrepreneurs’ relief when selling shares with an earn-out arrangement
23. How to secure relief for land sold under a compulsory purchase order
24. How to avoid double taxation on development land sales
25. How to reduce the CGT rate on a residential property disposal
26. How to get a tax-free lump sum by leasing residential property to a company
27. How to mimic entrepreneurs’ relief for goodwill on incorporation
28. How to use the chattels exemption to save tax on a property sale
29. How to claim holdover relief for non-business assets
30. How to avoid a bill when exchanging joint interests in land
Part 3 - Employees
31. How to take advantage of two employment allowances
32. How to get the advantages of an HMRC-approved share option scheme without actually using one
33. How to ensure the cost of medical procedures for employees qualifies as an exempt benefit
34. How to implement an all-employee share plan
35. How to make a tax-free reward for long service
36. How to provide more than one mobile phone to employees
37. How to make a tax-free cash gift to an employee
38. How to make the most of mileage rates for employees
39. How to avoid traps with employee discounts
40. How to avoid problems with trivial benefits
Part 4 - IHT
41. How to use a deed of variation as an alternative to potentially unwanted attention from HMRC
42. How to avoid losing business property relief when entering into a joint venture
43. How to use a trading company to shelter residential property from tax
44. How to use trusts for tax planning in the modern age
45. How to avoid losing business property relief when you retire
46. How to avoid mistakes with IHT taper relief
47. How to stop an old incorporation increasing an IHT bill
48. How to structure lifetime gifts effectively to avoid IHT charges
49. How to use a discounted gift trust for succession planning
50. How can a property business qualify for IHT relief?
51. How to use the 4% charity IHT break to save money
52. How to use quick succession relief to reduce IHT
53. How to avoid issues with excepted assets and the family company
Part 5 - Non-doms
54. How can you ensure your overseas clients pay minimal capital gains tax on disposals of UK property?
55. How to use tax-efficient planning to help make remittances to the UK without triggering a charge
56. How can clients take advantage of the foreign loss election?
57. How to avoid being caught by the “deemed domicile” rules
58. How to secure split year treatment when leaving the UK
Part 6 - Other individuals
59. How to avoid the pensions annual allowance taper
60. How to use interest to save tax on profit extraction
61. How to invest in tangible tax-efficient property without becoming a landlord
62. How to claim relief for loan payments made as a guarantor
63. How to avoid issues with the money purchase annual allowance
64. How to save tax on a rental property by opting out of the cash basis
65. How to optimise profit extraction
66. How to use losses against personal income after incorporation
Part 7 - VAT
67. How to take advantage of VAT grouping
68. How to save VAT on building work
69. How to use tax points to gain a tax advantage?
70. How to save VAT using the flat rate scheme?
71. How to protect against VAT penalties accruing later on
72. How can partially exempt businesses take advantage of the rules to save VAT?
73. How to save VAT by revoking the option to tax
74. How to save VAT on professional services
Special subscribers' offer
£64.00Only if you already have a subscription
Got a question? Call Customer Services(01233) 653500