Tax Update 2020
A Tips & Advice Special Report about...
In a nutshell
This Special Report includes announcements on and changes to UK tax law and those in the pipeline up to and including the Finance Act 2019 and Finance Bill 2020. It includes new measures for all the main taxes as well as anti-avoidance legislation. It explains the most important changes in plain English with examples to help you apply them in practice. Using our practical advice will help you avoid costly traps.
Our Special Report looks at all the key aspects of the latest changes including:
- Deferred payments and other coronavirus tax measures
- IR35 and off-payroll contracts – effects of the new delay
- Name change and new rules for entrepreneurs’ relief
- New reporting and payment requirements for CGT
- Latest news on the loan charge
- Changes to the rate and conditions of the employment allowance
- Company cars - new zero and low rate charges for low emissions
- Increased rate for homeworking allowance
- Extension of the intangible fixed assets regime
- Revised rules for pension annual allowance tapering
- Construction industry VAT scheme
- VAT – EU cross border transactions
- New ISA limits
With this Special Report, you'll know the dos and don'ts and the the consequences of the new rules for you and your business. It's all you need to play it safe without paying a penny more in tax than you have to.
We've created this Tips & Advice Special Report especially for...
Company owners and directors, in-house accountants and individuals that want to:
- Get a clear view of the new tax rules
- Keep their business and/or personal tax bill down
Tax advisors and accountants that want to:
- Get to grips with the new tax rules
- Help their clients save tax
You'll get the following free extras with this Tips & Advice Special Report...
An online service with ready-to-use documents
- To immediately apply our advice and solutions in practice
- That you can easily adapt to suit your own requirements
In this Tips & Advice Special Report you'll read about...
Self-assessment tax payments
Corporation tax (CT) rate
Off-payroll working (IR35)
Research and development credit
Intangible fixed assets
Companies - carry forward losses
Losses due to coronavirus
Income tax rates and allowances 2020/21
National Insurance contributions
Top slicing relief on income gains
Tax efficient investments
HMRC rate of interest
Student and postgraduate loans
Flat rate expenses tax deduction
NI holiday for employers of veterans
Therapy exemption - minor benefits
Capital gains tax
Deferred VAT payments
Making Tax Digital - digital links
VAT and digital publications
Reverse charge for builders
UK EU cross border transactions
VAT agricultural flat rate scheme
Other tax changes
Automatic issue of HMRC notices etc.
Limited liability partnerships
Vehicle excise duty (VED) rates for cars etc.
Appendix 1 – Table of income tax rates
Appendix 2 – NI rates and thresholds
Appendix 3 – Guidance on the defnition of threshold and total adjusted income
Appendix 4 – Template elections
Appendix 5 – Intra-EU supplies
Appendix 6 – VED rates
New edition coming soon
Our editors are currently finalising a new edition of this publication.
Please contact our Customer Services department for more information and/or to pre-order the new edition now.Click here for our contact details.